Monday, August 9, 2010

Uh oh

Keith and I were pretty excited to find out we were pregnant. I didn't think I was at all. My basal temp chart was all over the place and I had no symptoms. Keith really wanted me to take a pregnancy test and I told him I would if he would go get them. It was still a few days before my period was supposed to show up and I didn't want to waste the money on them if I wasn't pregnant. However I thought it would be pretty funny for Keith to go buy a pregnancy test...just because it made him uncomfortable. Well it was positive...I took a few more through out the week to make sure.

About a week later we took a cruise to Cozumel w/ some couples from our bible study. It will probably be our last vacation for quiet a while. On the Cruise I noticed that the thought of food made me nauseous. But if you have ever been on a cruise its all you can eat. I wasn't sure if it was the cruise or me being preggo causing that. A few nights into the cruise I started spotting pretty heavily. By this time I was about 6 weeks. We scheduled a sonogram as soon as we returned.

Me and Keith were both pretty nervous...it took us along time to get pregnant and we didn't want anything to be wrong. As the lady was looking into the black and white mess she said "oh! Do you want to know how many?" My thought was "no!, I want one". Keith was crossing his fingers it wouldn't be 8. When she said 3...the blood drained out of my face and all I could think was how were we going to do this. Keith laughed, he was excited!

We have told a few people and our family and everyone is very excited! I still can't believe it. I've never really been around babies much and I don't consider myself to be a baby person but I guess I am about to learn.

Right now we are praying for:
healthy babies,
me to get over this nauseousness before school begins,
and for Keith to find a full time job w/ benefits.

8 comments:

  1. Are you flippin serious???? That is amazing!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of all people, you are going to be great with triplets. I still tell people how you would cook for me when we were roommates and how you would cut my sandwiches in squares for me. You are going to be a wonderful mom! WOW! I didn't even know you were pregnant, so I'm getting that news and triplets news all at once! I can't wait to meet your babies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite part of this post "Keith was crossing his fingers it wouldn't be 8." haha Oh I'm so excited for this journey for you. I love you. Very much. Love you both. (You're going to be Pheobe but better! haha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What?!!!! I was laughing out loud reading this, Steph. We are excited for you all and you're seriously in our prayers : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Love this blog! Brad and I are so excited for you guys. Children are such a blessing, and you get three! You are going to have the best time. We will be continously praying for you to have a smooth and uneventful pregnancy and for three (maybe more? :) ) healthy precious babies, and for Keith's job. We love y'all and know that God has a perfect plan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why, of all people, am I not surprised? This is awesome! Congrats! And we'll definitely be praying for you. Do you know anybody who has had multiple births that you could chat with?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was from Emily Curtis...hey, you should check out my child education blog, now that you'll have enough for your own preschool! What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Emily, we do know someone and I am joining a support group in Austin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stephanie, I am so excited for you and Keith! That is so awesome! Remember that God will not give us more than what we can handle! Wish I was closer so I could help you out! I love babies!

    ReplyDelete