Wednesday, February 9, 2011

SURPRISE!. . They're here!

Steph was admitted to the hospital yesterday (Tuesday, Feb. 8) at around 11:00 a.m. The expectation was that she would be on strict bed rest and would be monitored over the next few days for signs of preeclampsia. Around 4:30 p.m., Steph started having signs of labor (she said the babies must have known they were finally in the hospital and it was safe to make an arrival). At about 6:00 p.m. the decision was made to have the babies. From there it was all a blur. . . . . . Steph was prepped for OR and there were lots of people scurrying around. The nurse took Steph back to do a spinal block. I put on my daddy scrubbs and . . . . . . waited. The longest 30 minutes of my life. When I finally got to go into the OR, things happened very quickly. Lots of people in the room (pretty amazing how many hands were caring for Steph and the babies in that room).

Presley came out first at 7:12 p.m. (2 lbs., 12 oz. and 15 in.). Keegan followed also at 7:12 p.m. (4 lbs., 6 oz. and 16 in.). Ashton was last at 7:13 p.m. (4 lbs., 9 oz. and 17 in.). We got to see them briefly, but then they were whisked away to the NICU. What followed was the longest 3 1/2 hours of my life. It seemed like forever before we got to see the babies again. They had to stabalize them before any of us could go back. Currently, they are doing great. Even though Presley was the smallest, she was breathing on her own, and one of the NICU nurses said she actually tried to suck on her hand. Keegan and Ashton both had to have a little help with their breathing, but otherwise doing good.

Steph did awesome!! She was very tired last night, but she is up this morning at 4:30 a.m. Hopefully, I will get to take her down to the NICU soon.

That's it for now! Pictures coming soon!

5 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you. The Lord has blessed you with three adorable angels. Stephanie, you worked so hard taking care of yourself and being healthy. Keith, I know you were her strength as you prayerfully supported her. The Lord will continue to bless your sweet babies. Love and continued prayers to all of you. Kiss them all for Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you wrote this for us to feel like we were a part of the experience. These are the greatest moments of your life. They are so precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You did great! We are so happy for you. Glad the babies and Stephanie are doing well. Welcome to parenthood of mulitples. There is nothing more precious than an armful of babies.
    Love, Lance, Jennifer, Cullen, Emma, Kaden, Lane and Bennett

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Thank you Keith SO much for keeping us posted. What an experience for all of you, I cannot even imagine. I wish very much that I was there. Give each of the babies love for me and give Steph a gentle hug from me as well. Soon...I hope SUPER soon...I'd love to meet Presley, Keegan, and Ashton.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't stopped thinking about y'all today since I found out this morning. I'm soooooooo excited for y'all! My respect for you both was already very high, but now it has exponentially increased now that you have 3 little ones to care for!!! Love you both and can't wait to meet your children!!!!

    ReplyDelete