Monday, February 14, 2011

1 week baby update

Presley
If you look closely at her wrist she is already accessorizing with Keith's wedding ring.
Keegan

Ashton


Woo! What a week! (This is Stephanie by the way) We have been trekking it to the hospital every day for a few hours to help w/ feedings and hold the babies as much as they will let us. Right now they have to stay in their "Condos" as much as possible to help the grow. But we try and get to do as much as they will let us right now.

The babies are doing great! All 3 of them have stopped losing the typical first week born weight and started gaining it back. It's funny how an ounce is such a big deal! Presley gained a little over an ounce in the last day and I felt like celebrating. She is still the littlest by a lot but she is tough. I tried to feed her some of a bottle today but it was really more like practicing. Her muscles aren't strong enough to suck and swallow and breath at the same time. She did have jaundice and they put this cool blue light under her to make it go away...it worked!
Keegan is squirmy! But I could of told you that when he was in my tummy. He always felt like he was swimming and kicking my bladder. Keegan is doing pretty good. He is also working on his bottle feedings and occasionally he forgets to breath...which is typical preemie behavior. He also has a...let's call it a birthmark on his left shoulder. The doctor gave me a very long scientific name for it but I will call it a birthmark. It looks like a rash...its a line of a few bumps.
Ashton is pretty laid back for the most part. He is are "fattest". His breathing has gotten a lot better but also forgets to breath sometimes. Today I fed him almost a whole bottle! He was very cooperative!

They are 1 week today and have already improved so much!






3 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this update!! They are just precious, adorable, beautiful and so sweet! I cannot wait to meet them!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting this! THEY ARE ADORABLE!!!! I love that you can already see their personalities!!! They will continue to improve and before you know it, you will be loading them into the car and taking them home with you. I love that you took a pic with the ring on her arm, so precious! And before I even read your words, when I saw the pic of Ashton, I could tell he's going to be the laid back one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The ring on her wrist is just unbelievable! Glad everyone is doing well!!! Love hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete