Saturday, March 26, 2011

Settling in



This is Presley and Keegan sleeping...look at their feet...I thought it was cute.


Ashton after his bath...he looks a little traumatized.
Boppy time!
Ashton, Presley and Keegan hanging out in the rocking chair.

The Lewandowsky Grandparents (can you guess who my dad is holding?)
Bottle cleaning time!

Well we are finally settling into some sort of routine. The babies are still eating every three hours and once in a blue moon will wait four hours at night...but that is rare right now. Keith and I are taking turns at night feeding which last about 1 1/2 hours. That gives us usually about 5-7 hours depending on which feedings you have...which really isn't that bad. We aren't on any official time scedule, we let the first one hungry wake us up and luckily overall they stagger themselves. Some nights they are all crazy hungry at once and thats usually when we call for backup (from each other).

During the day in between feedings is a time to get everything else done. You have about an hour to an hour and a half to do this. I should nap but I have the long list of things to do in my head that won't allow for a nap. I do however take time just to sit and watch TV even if it is for 5 minutes.

Overall the babies are really good babies. Not super fussy unless they are hungry. They do spit up ALOT and its smelly and no fun. Keegan does tend to cry more and we haven't exactly figured out why...he does stop once you pick him up though...so maybe he just wants to be held....which w/ triplets isn't always going to happen. So it is very important for them to learn to self soothe...so we let him cry himself to sleep sometimes...and sometimes we have to because we are feeding one of the others. It is all a balancing act...and a patience tester.

A few things I have loved having:
1) the summertime swaddle things...so much easier than swaddling w/ a blanket
2) waterproof lap pads...we put the under their heads when they sleep...that way if and when they spit up we don't have to change the sheets.
3) old school cloth diapers for burp clothes...they soak up everything and are amazing
4) soothie pacifiers...they make the crying stop...even if it is for a little bit
5) a pack and play...this is their downstairs crib
6) waterproof sheet protecter. We put a sheet down, a sheet protector and then another sheet. This way when we have to change the sheet right away there is already one on! Which is nice because we have to take our bumpers off every time we change the sheets.

Even though life has changed into mostly feeding and changing diapers it hasn't been that bad.


2 comments:

  1. I sincerely love being able to read these updates. You're both so amazing. I can't wait to meet the babies. Someday I will!! I wish it could be soon. Love you all tons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss this post? I don't know, but glad to see things are becoming more routine. I want to come visit you and see your new life and those precious babies!!!!!!! Thank you so much for taking time to update us!!!! I"m always curious and friends of mine ask about you too!

    ReplyDelete